XF 2.0 Upgrading from 1.5.17 safely

Wilouness

Hello Guys

Firstable excuse me for my english. I'm gonna do my best to explain my situation. Ok !
I want to congratulate the dev of Xenforo for the great job you do. I really love this software and i'm not going to move somewhere else.

My actual Xenforo forum is in 1.5.17 and still active. I decided 4 days ago to move to XF2 for differents reasons. First one is that i always want to be up to date on everything in relation with the internet.

To not do a big mistake i decided to do a test first in a sub-domain so i made a backup at a point of my ftp and my DB.
My test was succesful so i improve my XF2 forum with modifications, addons... to make it look like i really want now. I don't want to deceive my members so it was important for me to keep most of the functionnalities.
During this time my old and still active forum continues to works so it has in it new datas (users, threads, posts...)
Now I want to move my operational XF2 version to my real domain in place of my old 1.5.17
I'm really afraid to make something wrong afeter the hours passed on both of them, so i've done a new backup of my two site the XF1.5 in the domain and the XF2 in the sub-domain and they are both in my hard drive safe at home :)

Can you please give me the steps for moving my new XF2 to my domain in place of the old one and keeping the new data recorded since my last backup. I also want to keep all the modifications i've made in the new XF2.

Hope you'll help me. (I think the solution is in the sql DB but i really need an expert advice before doing something.

Thanks everyone.

I tried to do an upgrade my backup is ok and i clean all my 1.5.17 ftp and DB before sending the upgrade but still have a Fatal error
I'm just testing in a sub domain before do it in my production site

need some help pleaseCapture d’écran 2018-02-22 à 12.12.48.webp

No your changes to the xf2 style are not lost.

You can export the xf2 styleand then import it back after the upgrade.

Other changes however have to be redone, e.g. navigation, widgets etc.

No your changes to the xf2 style are not lost.

You can export the xf2 styleand then import it back after the upgrade.

Other changes however have to be redone, e.g. navigation, widgets etc.
Thank you for the reply. Happy to learn that i can export my style so i'm gonna earn a lot of time.
But now my real problem is that my upgrade don't want to work. I tried with a backup before my production site but it don't work. I 'm really afraid of causing an issue in my real site.

Top Bottom