XF 1.4 upgrading from 1.3 help pleezzze

Ian S

ok just quickly i went to upgrade to xf 1.4.2 today from xf 1.3.0 and i cant get it to find the install directory on the server
i overwrote thee files on the server but cant get the install to be found, i done it on the offline site and it works fine, the files are on the server located at in httpdocs if this helps

ive tried dev.org/install
/forum/install
/community/install
nothing worked, i took a copy off the server of the files so at worse i can replace with those but wanted to upgrade thanx

thanx for the prompt reply brogan that didnt work i tried it before and got this

Failed to get controller response and reroute to error handler (XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade::action)
An exception occurred: Undefined index: debug in /var/www/vhosts/dev.org/httpdocs/library/config.php on line 13

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in config.php at line 13
  2. require() in XenForo/Application.php at line 608
  3. XenForo_Application->loadConfig() in XenForo/Application.php at line 261
  4. XenForo_Application->loadDefaultData() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php at line 10
  5. XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_preDispatchFirst() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 302
  6. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/dev.org/httpdocs/install/index.php at line 18
our site is not dev.org ive changed that just to show you this

now getting this once i get the admin login screen

The following warnings were detected when verifying that your server can run XenForo:
  • Your server is running an outdated and unsupported version of PHP (5.2.17). If possible, you should upgrade to PHP 5.4 or 5.5.
These may affect the proper execution of XenForo at times and should be resolved if possible

is this easy to do 1st as i have all logins for the host on the server thanx again

Upgrading PHP is something for a server admin so you would need the relevant access, logins and password.

You can still upgrade, it's a warning advisory notice but we would recommend you upgrade to a newer version of PHP.

• Your server is running an outdated and unsupported version of PHP (5.2.17). If possible, you should upgrade to PHP 5.4 or 5.5.

Some hosting do not luck to upgrade PHP on shared servers as there are always some people with old old websites that get broken. Generally though they should have another more up to date server they can move you to (even if you stay on a shared package), but you need to ask them to do this.

Upgrading PHP is something for a server admin so you would need the relevant access, logins and password.

You can still upgrade, it's a warning advisory notice but we would recommend you upgrade to a newer version of PHP.

we have a plesk panel on the server which i have full access to ive also just noticed the phpmyadmin is old too v3.5 if i upgrade to the latest plesk 11 does this incorp this???

I wouldn't know, I have never used Plesk.

You will need to contact your host or sysadmin for support with upgrading your server.

contacted host but looks like the phpmyadmin is out of date to so i suppose they wil update that which inturn updates php anywayz hopefully this is soon

btw brogan thanx for all the help that got the xenforo working offline with xampp your a true gent;););)(y)

Top Bottom