Upgrading Beta 1 to Beta 2 results in PHP Memory Exhaustion

Deebs

When I attempt to upgrade my test forum from Beta 1 to Beta 2 it results in a PHP Memory exhaustion error.

The forum consists of 3.6 million posts, the PHP memory limit is 132mb.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /data/websites/testforum/library/Zend/Db/Profiler.php on line 259

This happens on the "Rebuild Master Data" step.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Ah possibly. Let me check and if I am will disable and go thru the upgrade again.

Indeed I was, have turned it off and got this on the same step:

Rebuilding...

An error occurred. The request is being resubmitted.

It might be worth adding a check to the upgrader to warn that the upgrade should be performed with debug mode turned off?

Kier,

After it resubmitted the request it caused a new php process to be used whilst the old one was still chugging along consuming cpu and RAM.

16770 nobody 20 0 261m 64m 33m R 65 3.2 1:09.11 php5-fpm
16772 nobody 20 0 248m 48m 31m R 61 2.4 1:42.06 php5-fpm

Could you provide the error that is thrown after you turned off debug mode? It's impossible to diagnose the problem from the information you have given us so far.

The exact same error? (Line number and all) The specific location of the error can give us a better idea of where it's dying (the one in the first message isn't helpful, unfortunately).

Mike,

When I attempt to go to the admin CP I get the message : Forums are currently being upgrade, please complete the upgrade. I click on that page, I get

"No upgrade available", Rebuild Master Data. I click rebuild master data, after between 30-60 seconds I get:

"

Rebuilding...

An error occurred. The request is being resubmitted."

A new PHP process is then used and both the PHP processes continue to run and consume high CPU cycles. Interesting this again timed out, one of the PHP processes terminated, the other is still running with a high CPU but I then got the following:

"

Error

Permission group IDs must be unique. The specified ID (forum) is already in use."

Kier/Mike,

Anything else I can do? I do not really want to scrub the test site and start afresh with beta2 and a new import without identifying what could be a bug during upgrades for a biggish site.

Cheers guys.

I've made some substantial changes to the phrase import process, though you said it was on the rebuild master data step. I just don't know where is causing the problem. With FTP details and admin access, I might be able to debug it.

I can only guess that it's something with the permissions, based on your last error.

Mike,

Any clues when these changes might be added/released? I'm within around a week or two of migrating around 1.6 Million post forum, and am a little worried about the issues seen above...

Cheers :)

Paul

Top Bottom