XF 2.0 Upgraded to 2.10 can not upload avatar

KSA

Just recently upgraded to latest release and for some reason users cant upload or change their avatars. No error is found.

This was an upgrade from XF2 to XF2.10 yes ? I just mean you've not just done a XF1 to XF2 upgrade ?

What actually happens when they go to account/account-details ? or maybe better to /account/avatar ?

Do they see the upload box/field/button area ?

Can you test on the default theme too temporarily if you are using a third party one just to be sure it is not that causing it, that seems quite unlikely but for 30 seconds to test that, it seems worthwhile to quickly check.

Is it all users ? Can you change your avatar ?

If it is only some, are they all using the same browser perhaps ?

Upgraded from 20.9 to 2.10.

The upload button is there and everything else looks fine. When I hit upload and choose a new avatar nothing happens, it wont upload however the avatar in the navgroup does actually change but in user profile and postbit does not.

we are using the default theme.

all users including me testing from different browsers.

That's quite odd.

Hard refresh that page (CTRL+F5 on a Windows based browser) , does the correct image appear now ?

Are you using some form of external caching ? CloudFlare et al perhaps ?

I'm not actually that familiar with how C.F works in that what you can do with its control panel, is there some kind of option to force 'refresh' so its not serving a cached copy ? As in make sure it serves just once a 'new' copy. Just to be sure. That seems easier than temporarily disabling it.

It does look very much like some kind of caching issue though given its 'half there'

I have not noticed any bug report threads about this issue though.

Have you done the standard troubleshooting process of disabling all add-ons?
Are you using any local caching like memcache/mecached or similar?
Have you tried disabling, temporarily, caching with cloudflare?
If not, have you cleared the CloudFlare cache?

Top Bottom