1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Upgraded to 1.5.1 - get a template error box at the top of every page

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Stuart Wright, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

I'm also getting server errors
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Looks like the files haven't been uploaded correctly. You can check run the file health check to help confirm.
  3. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

I hope and assume you do the upgrade via CLI mode?
    Considering your forum size.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The CLI upgrader is really only relevant for upgrades that run large table alters.
  5. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

No, actually. I've never had a problem running an upgrade from the admin console.

I use CuteFTP over a VPN to Nimbus and am, as you'd expect, frequently uploading files.
    Can't recall having such a problem before, which is why I posted rather than re-uploading everything again.
    Bizarre that this should be the issue, but re-uploading everything did the trick.
    Seems that computers are marginally less predictable than women.
    Thanks for the quick response, Mike. Appreciated.
  6. RoldanLT

Next time to avoid corrupt files.
    Upload in zip file, then just extract on the server.

I always do upgrade on CLI, mostly take less than a minute.
    Something like this:
    Stuart Wright and maszd like this.
  7. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

There's not really any need to restart the fpm process...

I did it that way myself, as I don't like FTP in general, but now I use my add-on, which works surprisingly well...

8. RoldanLT

I do that to reload Zend Opcache.
    With the new codes.
  9. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Ah, yeah. I forgot about that.
  10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If you are running Memcached, it is frequently a good idea to restart the php-fpm process (as well as sometimes having to restart memcached) as it clears the cache a lot of times and prevents some issues (or at least on my CentOS boxes it has). I've also had some issues at times with the PHP opcode caching since my settings are a little different than stock.