XF 1.5 upgrade to XF2.1x - what to do with old addon XenGallery?

snoopy5

Hi,

I will update all my XF 1.5x sites this year to XF 2.1x as soon as all my needed addons are available for XF 2.1x.

But I have one addon (XenGallery from Sonnb), which looks like it will never have a XF2.1x compatibale version available. Now I am thinking about different possibilities. One of course is to migrate the Sonnb XenGallery to XF Mediagallery.

The other option would be, to disable/deactivate the Sonnb Xengallery in ACP of XF1.5x and then do the upgrade without reactivating that XenGallery again. So I would than have a forum without a gallery. Simple as that.

Would this be possible without damaging anything? Neither the data/images of the XenGallery (I need these in case there will be unexpected again a new XF2.1 compatible version I could then upgrade to), nor damaging anything of XF 2.1x?

Last edited:
But I have one addon (XenGallery from Sonnb), which looks like it will never have a XF2.1x compatibale version available. No I am thinking about different possibilities. One of course is to migrate the Xengallery to XF Mediagallery.

Sure. You can upgrade XF from 1.5 to 2.1 without the gallery, leaving everyting in your database and data directory until a compatible gallery will be released by @sonnb. XF 2.1 will work as expected.

You can also convert your gallery to XFMG after the upgrade, I think an importer for sonnb is available.

Sure. You can upgrade XF from 1.5 to 2.1 without the gallery, leaving everyting in your database and data directory until a compatible gallery will be released by @sonnb. XF 2.1 will work as expected.

You can also convert your gallery to XFMG after the upgrade, I think an importer for sonnb is available.
You still waiting up the upgrade @snoopy5 ? ;-) LOL

Top Bottom