XF 2.2 Upgrade to XF 2.2.5 broke the layout

sajal

Old XF version: 2.1.3
Theme: Child theme based on "Xenith" theme.

Now, after upgrade to XF 2.2.5, the layout is broken... Is XF supposed to touch Css/template in any case during upgrade even if it's custom theme??

The upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 (or really any second point release) is a significant one with a large number of changes. You will often need to obtain newer versions of add-ons and styles that are fully compatible with the new version.

Is XF supposed to touch Css/template in any case during upgrade even if it's custom theme??
Any template that has been customized won't be touched automatically. You'll have a mix of new and old template code in place.

You can try using the template merging tools but depending on the level of changes made (by the style or by us), merging may not be possible. You really just need to get a style that's based on the new version you're running.

Ok Thanks, @Mike for your prompt response. I'll try to get newer version.

But, still I've gut feeling that, something CSS related is broken, since I inspected the HTML structure of the code, and it's almost the same, as you told customized templates won't be touch by XF. Also, all the CSS/custom-templates are loaded as pretty much the same.

Since, updating the newer theme version, would reflect the XF 2.2.5 structure, I'll try that. But, logically, it should really work with mix of old+new templates as well I believe.

But, logically, it should really work with mix of old+new templates as well I believe.
Thats not correct. You want to merge functions from XF2.2 with templates of XF2.1. That could be, but not should be working.
The best way after upgrading XF is also upgrading the UI.X addon and after that the Theme.

Top Bottom