1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Upgrade to 1.2.5 problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by adrian4ever, Feb 15, 2014.

1. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

When I try to upgrade to 1.2.5 I get this error, can anybody help me or let me know what is going on??

Server Error
    Invalid data writer 'XenForo_DataWriter_CronEntry' specified

1. XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 563
    2. XenForo_Model_Cron->importCronEntriesAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 531
    3. XenForo_Model_Cron->importCronDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/Deferred/ImportMasterData.php at line 32
    4. XenForo_Deferred_ImportMasterData->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 61
    5. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 252
    6. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 386
    7. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 312
    8. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runByUniqueKey() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php at line 34
    9. XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_manualDeferredRunner() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 216
    10. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home3/xxxx/public_html/mysite/install/index.php at line 18

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps a missing or bad file. I suggest re-uploading the 1.2.5 files and running the upgrade again (visit /install). There is no harm in running the upgrade multiple times.

3. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

Thanks Jake.... i'll try one more time

4. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

I re-uploaded the files three times because my FTP disconnects every 10 minutes and does not finish the job, I think the problem is my host not even the official page loads correctly and my site OMG! takes a minimum of 1 minute to load, the funny thing is that my internet works fine in the whole web, except my sites and my host page... what do you think the problem is @Jake Bunce ? Thanks !

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If your FTP connection is unreliable then it's very possible you have bad files from the upload. I suggest getting a new web host if you are having problems like that.

In the meantime try using this FTP client:

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

6. adrian4ever

adrian4ever Member

I upgraded to 1.2.5 and I no longer have the problem, the only way to make it happen was using a different internet services and filezilla , don't understand why my Verizon wireless services can't connect properly to my site to my FTP and to my hosting page... that's weird.. don't now if its a problem with my wireless service or something that my host did... but my site and my hosting page won't load normal using my wireless services...
    Thanks for your help @Jake Bunce ..