Upgrade the ignore function to 'block' / Blocking Ignored Users

Razasharp

I think ignoring someone on a forum has never really worked from a users perspective. On vB you could still see the 'ignored' person had posted, and on XF when you ignore someone it doesn't prevent them from quoting you, seeing your threads, posting in them.

Usually when someone 'ignores' someone, what they really want to do is block them.

Any chance of this being included?

Upvote 82
You need it sometimes.

[...]

Otherwise you'd probably go absolutely crazy because people drive you nuts.
Personally I don't need an ignore or even block function offered by the software.

I've got nobody on ignore here or on any other forum.

I am pretty resilent against things I don't care, my brain just ignores such content :)

Personally I don't need an ignore or even block function offered by the software.

I've got nobody on ignore here or on any other forum.

I am pretty resilent against things I don't care, my brain just ignores such content :)
Yeah but it doesn't stop the pests from contacting you. You can be trolled by people who you're ignoring.

Agree on implementing a proper Block function, and a button to unfollow your followers, and/or make a distinction between following content and friends.

I've coded a custom addon for my forum that turns the ignore list into a vanish list. If a user vanishes another user, it's a two way thing and neither user will exist to each other on the forum. I was inspired by @AndrewSimm's nice two way ignore moderator addon.

I don't see you sharing it via resources. Is it possible you could share this with the rest of us?

Top Bottom