XF 2.0 Upgrade System Login

dvduval

It seems that sometimes when I click on a thread that maybe doesn’t exist because there is a problem with the URL or similar, I get a page like this. I’m not sure what this is but I think it would be best to make it go away. Any suggestions?

F76D12F1-98DB-40F3-8648-3C4588A63CAA.webp

I just checked a few invalid URLs on your site and I receive the standard 'Oops! We ran into some problems.' message.

You would need a consistent reproduce case in order to determine what may be causing it.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/redirection-scripts-2-x.52/

If you are already using these files (you'll be able to see a file named 301config.php and showthread.php amongst others in your XF root directory) then it's likely these files that are triggering this behaviour as they will be attempting to load the XF1 framework (it seems like the XF1 files are still on the server). If those old redirection scripts are on the server, you can download the new ones from the link above. You'll just need to upload all files from the ZIP except 301config.php to the root of your XF installation replacing the existing files and that should sort the issue.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/redirection-scripts-2-x.52/

If you are already using these files (you'll be able to see a file named 301config.php and showthread.php amongst others in your XF root directory) then it's likely these files that are triggering this behaviour as they will be attempting to load the XF1 framework (it seems like the XF1 files are still on the server). If those old redirection scripts are on the server, you can download the new ones from the link above. You'll just need to upload all files from the ZIP except 301config.php to the root of your XF installation replacing the existing files and that should sort the issue.
OK, thank you very much. I showed our developer this thread and he was able to solve the problem.

I found this in a search and had to figure it out myself. I had a showthread.php file in the root directory from the earlier redirect system. Deleted it. No more redirect to install.

Top Bottom