XF 1.5 Upgrade System Freeze

piepo

Hey,

Firstly I have to say that I couldn't test the update on a test instance due to hosting issues. Since this is my only chance to update and former updates gone smoothly I decided to give it a try after making backups.

Yeah, my problem is that the upgrade system keeps freezing.

Step: Rebuilding Templates (just 2 installed)...

Tried to restart it with no success by refreshing the page and re-start upgrade.

Any ways to help me out?

Can you define what actually happens when the "system keeps freezing"?

Is this an error message? A blank screen? The process just seeming to be taking a long time and not doing anything?

That suggests it is probably still running. It certainly isn't normal for it to take that long, but the actual length of time could depend on the number of styles installed, the number of languages and the performance of the server.

If you have a way of monitoring the queries being run in MySQL in real time then you'd likely see a fairly continuous amount of data being written to various template tables.

If you create a ticket, please include your admin log on to get into the install system and might as well include FTP and PHP My Admin access too if possible.

Phew...

Just refreshed the page myself for the fifeth time now.

Got a login form for the upgrade system and it went on.

Forum is running fine.
It seems that I got logged out and the page was running and running...

Upgrade time 1.5h :(

Same happening now for a language file update.

Seems to be a major host issue as I am running a 16 MBit connection line.

Just to make sure. It's fine to hit the refresh button here too? ;(

Thanks for your kind support.

Yeah, hit refresh to get through it if needed.

These aren't usual things to be needed, though, so I would recommend trying to get these issues resolved. They usually indicate issues at the server level, so it is something you would likely need to debug with your host.

Top Bottom