XF 1.4 Upgrade question. system reporting latest version

Mindzipper

is there a callback that's done when entering the /install directory?

The reason I ask is i am getting this report when i log in to that area:

No Upgrade Available
You are already running the current version (1.4.5). To do a fresh install, click here.

of course we know the latest is 1.4.7

second question, normally I would think i just need the upgrade files for 1.4.7 and it will step me through the 1.4.6 release. Is this correct?

I ask because I'm the admin for the site, but do not have direct access to the download area. which is another question I have. we are a team that owns the license. My partner made the purchase and said he added me to the account. but I cannot log in to the customer area at all. is that correct?

The two most likely causes of that are the files have been uploaded to the wrong location or server caching is preventing the new files from being served.
Or no new version files have been uploaded.

You can upgrade from any version to any version.

Only the account holder can download the software.

i didn't upload any files yet. should I 'rebuild master data' and come back in? i'm not familiar with this type of upgrade process as it's the first time upgrading this forum since migrating to Xenforo

There's no need to do a master rebuild without a specific reason.

You will need the new version files and to upload them to the server in order to upgrade.

well i do have 1.4.7 now, which was the second part of the question (sorry if i posted it a little confusing). i was asking to verify that I don't need to first upgrade to 1.4.6 then do 1.4.7 because i remember vbs process was that it would step the system through the other versions so all I needed was the latest.

my assumption is that process is the same here (yes I know about assumptions :O)

by the way i appreciate the quick response

perfect. thank you.

You know, it's funny, I still talk with my business partner about this whole platform change. in running forums for 15 years I have never once had an experience that the community was extremely excited about. But this migration to Xenforo had our entire community raving about it and how happy they were (this forum has been running since 2008).

I've just never been so pleased with a change as I have been moving to this forum. Can't even express how happy we are.

Top Bottom