Upgrade Package Should not include favicon or logo.og

Jaxel

If I select to download the upgrade package only, it should not include the following files:
  • styles/default/xenforo/favicon.ico
  • styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png
Why? Because these two files are used regardless of the style settings of your forum. So even though I dont use the default Xenforo style, I still must continually overwrite these two files. Technically, since these two files are used regardless of style choices... they shouldn't even be in this folder. They should probably be in the root styles folder.

The files are taken from wherever you have set up as your imagePath style property. It defaults to styles/default but if you're not using the default style then you should change this and serve your image files from a different path.

I'd note that the favicon there won't be used unless you explicitly point to it with a template edit, whereas you might as well point elsewhere.

The OG logo is actually the ogLogoPath style property.

But the DEFAULT setting is not relative to the style. So if you create a new style, with no style property changes... just image changes, it still codes to the wrong open graph logo.

Seeing as how the open graph logo serves NO PURPOSE on an individual style level... it should not be linked to styles.

That's why, as Mike corrected me, the ogLogoPath setting is different to the imagePath. If you want your og logo to not be overwritten, just change the property and move your og logo there. That said, I have known sites to use different open graph logos for different styles so that use case isn't entirely invalid.

Sorry to hijack this, but on XF 1.5.16a I have set a custom path to images style property which works for most of the images, but PAGE_CONTAINER and open_graph_meta templates have something like <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />, which generates an URL for the default theme, not the custom one. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Top Bottom