XF 1.4 Upgrade from XenForo 1.4.10

Hi!
I havent upgraded my forum for a long time, and now I´m affraid that it will be difficult.

I dont now how to begin more then to take a backup of the forum. Will it be compatible, what should I think about before I start?

Any tip?

Anne

What add-ons and themes do you use? If you're upgrading to XF 2.1, you should first check to see if add-ons / themes have ported XF 2.1 versions.

You can also try setting up a test forum and doing it there first before touching your live site.

Thank you for your answer!

I looked under List Add-on and I dont think I have any, it was blank under there. I not so very godd at this, I lern as a go :).

How do I go about setting up a testforum?

As you have no addons installed, it should be pretty straightforward without problems. Just upload the files, click on upgrade and done.

However, make a backup of your files and database first. Don't do any upgrades without having a backup.
And if you can, do a test installation on your local machine first to see how it goes.
Summary of the first provided link
Donwload XAMPP and install it on your windows for example.
Move your XF directory files (your backup files) to htdocs folder which was created when you installed XAMPP.
Upload your database (your database backup) by either using localhost/phpmyadmin or by using shell.
Configure the config file.
Then you have on your local machine a copy of your live server. And do a test upgrade there.

As you have no addons installed, it should be pretty straightforward without problems. Just upload the files, click on upgrade and done.

However, make a backup of your files and database first. Don't do any upgrades without having a backup.
And if you can, do a test installation on your local machine first to see how it goes.
Summary of the first provided link
Thank you!

Top Bottom