XF 2.1 Upgrade from 1.x to 2.x questions

WavMixer2

I've been running Xenforo 1.x for a couple of years and we are very happy with it. Last year I moved it to a different server and the whole process was seamless with the exception of waiting for the DNS to propagate globally. I am now considering the upgrade to 2.x and I'm curious as to the best way to do this without compromising our small but active forum. Is it possible for me to do a fresh install of 2.x and import all of the posts, gallery images and installed add-ons? Or do I upload the new folder over the existing directory and install the updated version?

BTW, the site is https://thetonerooms.com

OK, one more question. My original 1 year of support ran out a while back. Can I purchase another year of support and download the version 2 or will I need to pay the full price for 2.x?

Last edited:
I am now considering the upgrade to 2.x and I'm curious as to the best way to do this without compromising our small but active forum.
For a very nominal and more than fair fee, @MySiteGuy does this for you turnkey and seamlessly. It's worth at the very least, starting a private conversation with him. Highly recommended service professional.

Top Bottom