XF 1.2 Updating Style by Hand

ChillaxOwner

I have a theme, I edited from KDark a while back. I have people who want me to update it and KDark isn't updating his.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/kay-minecraft.33434/

I am trying to update the templates to 1.2. But it says "The custom template is out of date but has been edited more recently than the parent. Merging can only be done by hand."

How would I go about doing this? Where would I get a reference to edit that one?

What would be easiest route?

Use a program such as Notepad++ and compare the contents of the edited and a default template.

Then revert the template and manually add the custom changes into the default template.

Use a program such as Notepad++ and compare the contents of the edited and a default template.

Then revert the template and manually add the custom changes into the default template.
Hmm, that seems easy but takes time. Ill work on that. Thanks :3. I don't really know why I didn't think of that. (I use SublimeText2 btw :P)

If you happen to use git, you can create a local repository and commit default templates (from previous version), then overwrite it with your versions and use GitGutter (Install through the Package Manager) to have it visually mark changes to the template. I actually use it daily at work and home and its nice to at a glance see what lines I've changed. May help speed up the process.

Top Bottom