1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Updating email issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by rogerl, Aug 15, 2013.

1. rogerl

rogerl Member

If a user tries to update their contact details, and mistypes their new email address, they are put into the state of "awaiting email confirmation from edit".

Unfortunately in this state, they can no longer edit their email address as it is denied by the permissions - so they can't correct the mistake they have made.

You might think this wouldn't happen very often, but we have been running Xenforo for 4 days and this has happened to 3 of our users already.

Is there anything I can do with permissions etc to change this?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's a user state so not handled by permissions.

All you can do is manually update the email address for them or make their account valid again.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Set the "edit profile" permission to allow for the "unregistered / unconfirmed" group.

Breixo, rogerl and Brogan like this.
  4. Brogan

Or you could do that :D

5. rogerl

rogerl Member

That sounds good if it works, and I will assume Mike knows what he is talking about ;)

Cheers.

6. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

That, combined with a notice letting the user know that he is still awaiting approval, and within the notice a link to edit the email account in case of a mistake, is a win/win solution.

7. Brogan

The user already sees a message which is automatically generated.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I know nothing... ;)

But this looks like it should only be an issue with a new 1.2 install. If you upgraded from 1.1, the unconfirmed group would already have this permission. It will have it for 1.2.1+ installs.

9. rogerl

rogerl Member

Yes, it was a clean 1.2 install and migrate from vB 3.8

Just tested that permission change and it works great.

10. Breixo

Breixo Active Member

Thanks, worked for me too :)