1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated from 1.2 to 1.3, forum broke..

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Glacksy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Glacksy

Glacksy Member

I updated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, when everything was complete i tried to enter the forum, to see a post someone posted, but whenever i click the link i get this error message:

Fatal error: Access level to EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Thread::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class EWRutiles_ControllerPublic_Thread) in /home/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php on line 179

whenever i try to post a new post, nothing happens until i click "submit" which will give me that error again, but the post gets posted.

When i updated the "core" i also updated 2 addons, XenPorta and XenCarta

Does anyone know a good solution for this?

2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Deactivate XenPorta and XenCarta and try again.
    If it doesn't work reapply the XenForo update.

BTW, it is 1.1.3 and not 1.3.

Luis and Jake Bunce like this.
  3. Glacksy

Glacksy Member

ok thanks, corrected the version number...
    also, it seems to be the XenPortal which is the issue, i asked the dev about that error 3 days ago.. he haven't responded, even tho i know he saw it.. soo im not sure what to do.. :p

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That issue is fixed in the most recent version of XenPorta. Make sure you keep an eye on the add-ons you have installed (there is a Watch Resource link below the download button) you can get e-mails or Alerts when new updates are released.

There was a recent update to XenCarta too. You should check you have the latest versions.

Jake Bunce likes this.