RM 1.0 Update

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
S

Syndol

Could we please get a rough estimate as to when can we expect the next update, and what is most likely to be included with it.
Would be nice to know if there are plans to include new hooks or whether currencies will be moved from being hard coded to something a little more dynamic.
These are just two examples but the list of suggestions is growing daily without a hint of what is or isn’t even being considered. This makes customising the RM quite tricky.

As usual, don't expect more than small fixes and tweaks in the 1.0.x series. Larger features would come in a 1.1 release and we don't have anything to talk about with that, other than to say that it wouldn't be a focus until after XF 1.2 is available.

On a side note, I'm not sure I've noticed template hooks being requested.

I have no idea what you consider 'large features' therefore a slight insight to future changes would be nice.
Are currencies a large feature for example?

It's hard to comment on specifics without getting into it to determine what would actually be involved. For example, adjusting the currencies looks simple, but maybe I'll run into something that makes me realize that it's not doable in the short term. So as such, we generally won't comment/guarantee that anything will happen until it's already been done.

Keep in mind that the RM has still only been out for 2 weeks. It's still very early days with it.

Top Bottom