Lack of interest Update your status in New Profile Post

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

gouwepeer.nl

Is it easy to create something like this?

Edit: (add post #3 in startpost)

My suggestion is to enable the "Update your status" in New profile post to create a timeline like Facebook.
I want to create a tab named "Social talk" and linked it to whats-new/profile-posts/.
Members are not enable to update their status (it can only at their profilepage).
In my opinion this option make XF more social.

Last edited:
Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
My suggestion is to enable the "Update your status" in New profile post to create a timeline like Facebook.
I want to create a tab named "Social talk" and linked it to whats-new/profile-posts/.
Members are not enable to update their status (it can only at their profilepage).

Attachments

• update_status.webp
    update_status.webp
    76 KB · Views: 17

You probably should make this your first post, it explains what you want much better than the current post.

i agree also!! i always forget where to find the area to make a new status, then i remember its somewhere in avatar area,

needs to be easier,

ur suggest is good!!

In template whats_new_profile_posts i have add this code between the line </xf:if> (line 31) and the line <div class="block-container">
HTML:
            <div class="block-body js-replyNewMessageContainer">
                <xf:if is="$xf.visitor.canPostOnProfile()">
                    <xf:set var="$firstProfilePost" value="{$profilePosts|first}" />               
                    <xf:macro template="profile_post_macros" name="submit"
                        arg-user="{$xf.visitor}"
                        arg-lastDate="{{ $firstProfilePost.post_date ?: 0 }}"
                        arg-containerSelector="< .js-replyNewMessageContainer"
                        arg-style="{$style}"
                        arg-context="all" />
                </xf:if>
            </div>
            <br>

Now i can update my status on /index.php?whats-new/profile-posts/ but without button bar.
@Brogan @Chris D @Kier and @Mike : How can i enable the BB code button bar?

Top Bottom