1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Unwanted text in outbound emails

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by OverHere, Jun 27, 2013.

1. OverHere

OverHere Active Member

please see the 3 attached photos - I wish to remove the circled word 'the' shown in each photo, but my dev can't find where to remove this?

Please direct as to what exactly my dev needs to do, and where he needs to go, to remove the word 'the' from each instance in each photo:

Thank you.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check the board title in ACP -> Options.

Unless someone has edited multiple phrases to add "the".
  3. OverHere

OverHere Active Member

Yes, I think 'the' was added as a custom bit for me so, to solve this, does my dev just need to go into 'multiple phrases' to remove 'the'? Is there any specific direction to solve this for my dev?
  4. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

The whole BoardTitle is wrapped in an <a href=""></a>, so it would be weird if it was that, no?

EDIT: Overmind explained the weird part about this, nvm :)
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Search for the phrase contents, select the phrases that match and edit or revert them.
  6. OverHere

OverHere Active Member

the dev is saying that 'the' is not present in the relevent phrases and in the email templates - please advise where the dev can now look to remove 'the'?
  7. OverHere

OverHere Active Member

@Brogan - is there any other specific area the dev needs to look into to get rid of 'the'? Thanks.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The phrases are pretty much the only way (unless there's some bizarre edit to the email template).