XF 2.1 Unwanted CSS appearing on smaller resolution

thenashy

Hi Guys,

I'm not CSS expert, so I have no idea what's going on here. All I have determined is that Siropu AdManager is not doing it, according to them.

Home PC is running in 2k and displays fine

At work on 1680x1050 I am seeing !important tags added by the browser, which is affecting my advertising, as it's making the ads huge as my DIV size is taken over my Auto !important;

Can anyone help with this? It's only a matter of time before Google crack it.

Javascript would likely be causing this. I’d suggest disabling any addons one by one to see if the issue fixes itself, which will allow you to find the culprit :)

Javascript would likely be causing this. I’d suggest disabling any addons one by one to see if the issue fixes itself, which will allow you to find the culprit :)

Thanks, I will give that a go today and see how I go.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I don't suppose the CSS that makes everything responsive would be playing a part at all? Or am I right in saying that this isn't XF core code that's causing this?

Disabling AdsManager causes the tags to disappear too.

Last edited:
To add to this. I've just confirmed this isn't happening on my Dev board, which given we updated only a few weeks back, is very similar at the moment to the live board. I've just matched the addons across both, and the issue doesn't happen on Dev, but does happen on Live.

This is a bit painful :LOL:

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I don't suppose the CSS that makes everything responsive would be playing a part at all? Or am I right in saying that this isn't XF core code that's causing this?
CSS doesn't alter HTML code. All of the style tags which are being added is being done via Javascript :)

If the tags disappear when the Ad Manager is disabled, then you've narrowed down the culprit. If that's a 3rd party addon, I'd suggest contacting the developer to see if they can help :)

CSS doesn't alter HTML code. All of the style tags which are being added is being done via Javascript :)

If the tags disappear when the Ad Manager is disabled, then you've narrowed down the culprit. If that's a 3rd party addon, I'd suggest contacting the developer to see if they can help :)

Thanks for the reply. I have contaced Siropu, but they're confident it's not their issue. Is there anyway I am able to find what file would be causing this to happen via inspector so I can narrow it down further.

I can't help but agree with them that it might be something else given the same addon doesn't do it on my dev board.

If the issue stops happening when the AdsManager is disabled, surely that's enough proof? Make sure all other addons are disabled (and only enable the AdsManager) to ensure nothing else is causing it.

You're welcome to send me a PM with the URL to your site, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the solution, especially if the javascript has been minified.

If the issue stops happening when the AdsManager is disabled, surely that's enough proof? Make sure all other addons are disabled (and only enable the AdsManager) to ensure nothing else is causing it.

You're welcome to send me a PM with the URL to your site, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the solution, especially if the javascript has been minified.

That's basically what I have said back too. I won't bother you just yet! I just did notice if I change in the setting, Responsive wide break point from 900px to 800px, most of the tags go away;

My add-on simply adds content to the specified position on the page (sidebar in this case). It does not alter the style of any element on the page.

Well something IS altering your CSS and whatever it is, is also affecting p-body tags. I would think given how popular PixelExit themes are, that I am not the only one with this issue, and it's likely those with the issue don't know about it, because of small screens at the res it's happening not being overly common.

Can anyone recommend a freelancer who would be able to take a look at this? At this point, I'm just going to pay someone to see if they can fix it. I can't deal with more emails, I'm losing money over this and it is negatively affecting my users.

Does the issue happen with the default XenForo theme? If it's not caused by the AdsManager, and it's only happening on the PixelExit theme, then maybe that's where the issue stems from?

Does the issue happen with the default XenForo theme? If it's not caused by the AdsManager, and it's only happening on the PixelExit theme, then maybe that's where the issue stems from?

Unfortunately it does occur in any theme. This is in default;

Russ from Pixel Exit spent a lot of his own time today looking into it for me, and he's also not sure what's going on with it. All signs point to it being something wrong with AdsManager.

Top Bottom