Cannot reproduce unspecified error

Adam Howard

At least that is what I think it said when I saved a post. I've seen it a few times, it happens very quickly.

This is happening on XenForo.com

Screenshot from 2013-09-18 11:49:53.webp

^^ In the above screen shot. You know how it says, "Your changes have been saved". Same box, but will randomly read "unspecified error"

I'd need to see network tab and the actual response data to do any debugging on this. "Unspecified error" really just means no message was returned, though I don't see why that would happen.

Then keep firebug open and as small as possible until it happens.
And will a screen shot do? Because I do not know if there is away to export that data.

(I'm seriously not trying to make this into a big deal. I just do not understand why you want the network read out. )

I need the network read out because I need to see the exact URL, the response code, and what was returned by the server (and possibly the data that was sent). It's unlikely that any errors are being logged, so the data generally appears to "fit", but I need to see exactly what's going on to possibly have any idea where to start. (Just to make it clear, you'll need to expand the correct network connection and possibly screenshot a few tabs of it.)

Note that you can probably have Firebug on but minimized. I believe it should still record things.

Top Bottom