Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
For those of you who have installed this, have any members complained that they don't want to be notified about new posts that they haven't read?
No, quite the opposite, my members particularly appreciate this when checking via mobile devices on the move. They can at a glance see if there are new posts rather than having to click on the New Posts link to check.

Is there a way for members to turn this feature off?
No.

Still, it would be nice if it were accurate. Mine is ALWAYS off. Right now it shows I have 89 unread posts. When I click "New Posts", I only have 20. :(

Still, it would be nice if it were accurate. Mine is ALWAYS off. Right now it shows I have 89 unread posts. When I click "New Posts", I only have 20. :(
Remember that the New Posts link only shows threads with new posts, not every single post. So for example the new posts indicator may show 5 for 5 new posts but the New Posts page may only show 2 entries - 2 threads which contain the 5 new posts.

Not a specific thread, no. But if the thread was in a forum where the "Include in find new" option was disabled then it wouldn't get counted.

HI,

How can I change the background colour of the unread count? People find the red background annoying.

Hi Chris,
Please could you advise what modification would need to be made to this to allow the count to display in the forum tab, like it does in the media tab for XFMG ?
Is there also a version for resources?

It would likely require rather extensive changes so beyond the scope of this resource.

And, no version for Resources, sorry.

The addon slowed my site down and also increased the cpu around 300%. :eek: I went ahead and uninstalled it, will that also take out the "index" that was created in the DB?

Thanks for your time.

Top Bottom