Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
It's still in the same template (navigation), it just isn't a sub-menu of "Forum" anymore. Changing it to the phrase didn't work. :(

Really, the problem should be your own to resolve. You can't just move things, change the code and expect them to still work.

That being said, it should be quite easy to fix.

Instead of changing "New Posts" to {xen:phrase new_posts} change it to:
Code:
{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}

I did notice the "count" is always wrong. For example, there are only 7 "new posts" on my forum but it shows 18. A bug?

We've only been running this for a few days so not seen it myself but had some user feedback this morning that new post count is showing although all are read.
XF1.4.8 W7 FFv39

upload_2015-7-17_7-39-21.webp

It's accurate most of the time--for us personally, it's pretty much always accurate. It's just a small caching bug which @Chris D has addressed before. However, I don't think a fix was possible at the time, if I recall correctly.

Apologies if I've made an error here but am I right in saying this is shown from this add-on?
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 10.38.57.webp

It's just that I've uninstalled the add-on it and it's still showing. Didn't think it was a standard feature.

That is from this add on yes. If you made manual changes to one of your templates then it could stick around after uninstall. Or it might not be uninstalled properly for some reason.

Rebuild the XF master data to see if that sorts it. Go to the /install system and click rebuild master data.

That is from this add on yes. If you made manual changes to one of your templates then it could stick around after uninstall. Or it might not be uninstalled properly for some reason.

Rebuild the XF master data to see if that sorts it. Go to the /install system and click rebuild master data.
Thanks Chris. By rebuilding the master data could this have any knock-on effect with other add-ons or should it be ok to do?

It's completely safe to do - the only exception is if you've ever edited any of the master data yourself (but you won't have done because that's more of a development thing).

It's completely safe to do - the only exception is if you've ever edited any of the master data yourself (but you won't have done because that's more of a development thing).
Thank you. I gave this a go but it's still there. Anything I can search for in the templates to try and remove it manually?

Send me a PM with your admin login details. Might be easier if I just take a quick look.

Vaguely speaking it will be somewhere in the navigation template :p

For those of you who have installed this, have any members complained that they don't want to be notified about new posts that they haven't read? Is there a way for members to turn this feature off?

Top Bottom