Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
Hey @Chris D - I just tried to add the index 'unread_post_count_post_date' as specified in the instructions, and got a warning that a duplicate index was defined on the 'xf_post' table. I checked and sure enough, there's a 'post_date' index with the exact same criteria of "'post_date' ASC".

I haven't manually added any indexes, and fairly unlikely that other addons I installed would have added it. Don't know for sure, but I'd be surprised.

Does the latest version of Xenforo ship with this index by default?
This particular site started with Xenforo 1.4.3 and just upgraded to 1.4.4

If so, any chance you can update this addon to use this built-in index? Looks like it's just the install.php file that references it plus your install instructions.

EDIT: Nevermind, just pulled up the code, and you already stuck a conditional in there. :-)

Maybe you could add a note in your install instructions that for Xenforo > 1.3 manually running this SQL query isn't necessary?

Last edited:
That was old information before XF included that index. If it already exists there's no further action required.

Yeah, just discovered your conditional when I poked through the install.php code.

Maybe add a sentence to your install instructions that if on Xenforo >= 1.3, manually adding the SQL index isn't necessary?

And thanks for this addon--much appreciated.

Well the instructions only tell you to run it manually if you have problems during install. If you already have the index, you won't have problems during install so I'm not sure further clarification is needed :)

Hi Chris,

Not sure if this issue has been seen before, and it may be that I've messed something else up of course. I've created a private node which I want everyone to see is there when browsing the forum list. Members are added to it via a group, and I've revoked all permissions for the registered group except "View Node".

That seems to be working fine, however the Unread Post Count includes posts in this forum irrespective of whether they are allowed to see them or not.

I'm running v1.2.0 of the add on, XenForo 1.4.2 and I have the Unread Post Count Cache set to zero (if that makes a difference).

upload_2015-1-23_20-35-35.webp

I have tested on UI.X and Default style and its working. So I can consider that there's no problem with any other addon. I uise a child style of UI.X

I just copied the whole <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums"> from default to my style and it still don't work. I really have no idea how to solve it.

Edit: Found it. For some reason, the "Prevent template modifications from being automatically applied" was checked. By unchecking it, it started working

I have the same problem (also uix child). Where do i find this option?

@Chris D - don't suppose I could at least get a comment on this either way please? Thanks.
Hi Chris,

Not sure if this issue has been seen before, and it may be that I've messed something else up of course. I've created a private node which I want everyone to see is there when browsing the forum list. Members are added to it via a group, and I've revoked all permissions for the registered group except "View Node".

That seems to be working fine, however the Unread Post Count includes posts in this forum irrespective of whether they are allowed to see them or not.

I'm running v1.2.0 of the add on, XenForo 1.4.2 and I have the Unread Post Count Cache set to zero (if that makes a difference).

View attachment 95879

Hello
Do you know why there is +1 post count ?

New threads : +4
In the list : 3 threads

Thanks for support.

2015-02-23 20_09_10-Nouveaux sujets _ Le forum des portables Asus.webp

It displays a gray box with number "0" in it if there's 0 unread posts, is there anyway I can disable this?
I only want to show up this red box with unread count if there are more than 0 unread posts.

Thanks in advance.

I just installed this and it doesn't appear to work. The only thing I can think of is that I moved "What's New" from the tab into its own menu item using the following code:

Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 3, 5}"><li class="navTab home PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" class="navLink">New Posts</a></li></xen:if>

How can I get the mod to work? Thanks!

Try changing "New Posts" to "{xen:phrase new_posts}"

Other than that you would need to inspect the template modification find values to see if there are any other differences.

Also if the code has been moved to a different template it just won't work.

Top Bottom