Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
Hello there!

Is this mod compatable with "Ignore New Posts by Waindigo 1.2.0"? I've installed both modules, but now the New Posts counter shows overall new posts, including the ones from ignored forums. And if you click on new posts, the list will consist of only watched (not ignored) forums. Should it work and should I search for an error somewhere else or is it a compatability issue? Any ideas how can this be fixed?

Basically it should look for new posts on this URL: "/find-new/posts"

Last edited:
is there any way to get it to refresh the post count when posts have been deleted as it's confusing my users when I delete a spam post and it's showing as one new post but displays nothing.

I came here to ask the same - any solutions to this please?

The question hasn't been ignored. I just don't have an answer yet. When I do. I'll post one.

To me that doesn't happen - I deleted a post that was unread for a member, and when the member revisited the site the post counter was reduced by that post.

To me that doesn't happen - I deleted a post that was unread for a member, and when the member revisited the site the post counter was reduced by that post.
I've seen this happen on the XenMediaGallery site - had a post count of 1 but there were no unread posts. I assumed that it was a spam post that had gone into moderation and was then deleted.

Not a big deal really - nice if it can be sorted at some point but for now this can be explained to users so they understand.

chris, can you please give any answer to our requests? :)
@Chris D, is it possible to get your addon Unread Post Count compatible with Addon Ignore New Posts by @Waindigo? Both addons are working, but your Unread Post Count has my quoted issue.

Hello there!

Is this mod compatable with "Ignore New Posts by Waindigo 1.2.0"? I've installed both modules, but now the New Posts counter shows overall new posts, including the ones from ignored forums. And if you click on new posts, the list will consist of only watched (not ignored) forums. Should it work and should I search for an error somewhere else or is it a compatability issue? Any ideas how can this be fixed?

Basically it should look for new posts on this URL: "/find-new/posts"

Possible to live update new posts like your other add-on Live Update?

That feature would be excellent.

I found a bug :(

If I create a thread and delete the thread before the users read it then it still shows as unread in the counter. Can you fix this please? :)

I just came to report the same bug as above, a few users have reported the counter is still showing unread threads even though none are showing on the "New Posts" page.

I may have misunderstood on if this IS compatible with 1.3. I just tried to upgrade mine from 1.1.1, and I get this message:

"The specified add-on is older than the install version. Downgrading is not possible."

Top Bottom