Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
There's not a great deal that can be done. The only thing that can impact it really is the readMarkingDataLifetime option. This defaults to 30 days. Reducing it will make this perform better, but it will also change the threshold of what's considered "new" in terms of "New Posts".

@Chris D did you have a chance to check about the issue reported on post #574 , on why the Unread posts count does not show on first pageview ?

Initial/first pageview:

1520413944201.webp

Second pageview/refresh
1520414015923.webp

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi
When a new member sign in on the forum, it appears directly 17000 unread messages, how to start at 0 for new registrations?

Does anyone else has the same problem as below ?

.... on why the Unread posts count does not show on first pageview ?

Initial/first pageview:

View attachment 170608

Second pageview/refresh
View attachment 170609

We're serving pages through Cloudflare and despite having the setting on Unread Posts cache set to 0 (minutes), there's always 0 on first pageview. Only when you refresh/browse the next page, the real Unread Posts counter shows up.

hi is this add-on all good for the latest tested XF version? (XF 2.0.12)
Unfortunately no. Any add-on that that states it is for XenForo 1.x will not work with XenForo 2.x.

Sadly I don't think that Chris will be updating this add-on because another author has published a version for XenForo 2.x.

Unfortunately no. Any add-on that that states it is for XenForo 1.x will not work with XenForo 2.x.

Sadly I don't think that Chris will be updating this add-on because another author has published a version for XenForo 2.x.

thank you, i see, and who is the other author and can please you direct me to the mod by this alternate author?

regards

Top Bottom