Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
The addon slowed my site down and also increased the cpu around 300%. :eek: I went ahead and uninstalled it, will that also take out the "index" that was created in the DB?

Thanks for your time.

This add-on is very well coded (It's Chris !) I've had no performance issues on my boards.

Actually there have been sporadic reports of performance issues, quite rare though.

Seems to be very dependent on a number of factors, including some server config specific ones. Generally it should work fine, though if it doesn't then my only advice right now is to do as you are doing and uninstall it.

Uninstalling should remove that index, yes.

This add-on is very well coded (It's Chris !) I've had no performance issues on my boards.
I understand its Chris, I know he is a developer here. But when I installed the addon I immediately noticed the site slowed down. Sometimes not even wanting to load. So I came to this thread and typed in "slowed" in the search and found posts by users saying it slowed down their site and also raised their cpu. So then I went and checked my cpu and it was massively increased. What should I do then?

Uninstalling should remove that index, yes.
Thanks Chris!

I was not trying to down your work or addon in any way, I just want to back out of it for now and maybe come back later and figure it out. I know you do excellent work and I sincerely appreciate that. :)

I understand its Chris, I know he is a developer here. But when I installed the addon I immediately noticed the site slowed down. Sometimes not even wanting to load. So I came to this thread and typed in "slowed" in the search and found posts by users saying it slowed down their site and also raised their cpu. So then I went and checked my cpu and it was massively increased. What should I do then?
Sorry mate, I wasn't doubting it had slowed it down or you were dissing his work, but always various factors which can affect various plugins. I was just adding that it depends on the setup of the forum/server :)

You've done the right thing :)

Sorry mate, I wasn't doubting it had slowed it down or you were dissing his work, but always various factors which can affect various plugins.
No worries. :) I just have the forum at a nice stable place now and when I saw that happened I kinda panicked.

I did notice that version 1.0.7(I think that was the one) worked for others(no slow down, no cpu raise) when the current one did not. So I would be happy to try that one if its available. :D I think its a really useful addon to have.

No worries. :) I just have the forum at a nice stable place now and when I saw that happened I kinda panicked.

I did notice that version 1.0.7(I think that was the one) worked for others(no slow down, no cpu raise) when the current one did not. So I would be happy to try that one if its available. :D I think its a really useful addon to have.
Charlie - out of curiosity, are you on a shared server or something? Or running a dedi?

@Chris D , any suggestions how new cache line works with Cache-Control option in section <ifModule mod_headers.c> ?

<filesMatch "\.(html|htm|php)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=44000, private, must-revalidate"
</filesMatch>

Option above makes good cache trick, but also caches unread_post_count ...
Any opportunity to point not to cache unread_post_count?

Issue no unread threads listed only on one specific subforumnode
I've got the issue that the Unread Post Counter number in subnavigation is counting them but unread posts in only one specific subforumnode aren't listed on /find-new/posts. On all other subforumnodes its working.

The ACP node setting checkbox "Include threads from this forum when users click "New Posts"" is for this specific forum activated.

I think about following solutions:
You can help me by example providing a SQL query or other actions or recommend me probably the most easiest action: move all threads out to a new created subforumnode and delete the old buggy forumnode.

Can you please help?

I think I've seen it before and it's style specific. Maybe to do with cloning the navigation for things like off-canvas navigation.

Top Bottom