Fixed  Unliking doesn't remove item from news feed

Onimua

If I unlike an item it doesn't get removed from the news feed. While I understand it's a cache (I believe so anyway?), shouldn't it remove it anyway as it is no longer relavent (like accidental liking of content).

Otherwise, you could end up with this quite easily:

Screen shot 2011-03-25 at 1.37.43 AM.webp
:whistle:

Yes, it is still in the newsfeed. There was a discussion a while back on that. I am sure Brogan will find it and merge ;)

I certainly hope you eventually left Mike a Like when you were done :)

Yes, it is still in the newsfeed. There was a discussion a while back on that. I am sure Brogan will find it and merge ;)

I certainly hope you eventually left Mike a Like when you were done :)
I did now! Or at least permanently left a Like. :p

This is actually by design. The news feed is a record of what happened, not a live review. Removing items from the news feed would be nightmarish.

Ah, so if someone does "Like-Bomb" through the news feed it can't be undone?

How are items removed from the news feed when you permanently remove a hard-delete a post then? I know soft-delete hides it via permission checks. Does it refresh the news feed cache or something?

User caches are never rewritten, but the master data from which the caches are originally built is occasionally rewritten.

You can think of it like this: if someone has already read the news, there is no point in going back and removing that story from their copy of the newspaper, but you can remove it from subsequent publications.

I'll be honest and say I don't completely understand, but I get the general idea.

That said, I seem to have a horribly run at reporting bugs this week. :cautious:

I just went looking and found that it doesn't actually do what I said - it's supposed to remove the entry from the xf_news_feed table (but not the user cache) but in fact it didn't.

Now it does (locally).

Top Bottom