Unified login Wordpress to XenForo?

CBI Web

A client is building a membership site in Wordpress. He wants to use XenForo as a forum solution to complement the site.

Is it possible, or is there a plugin, to bridge the two sites? Ideally, members would log into the WP site, and can access the XF site all with the same login.

The problem is that so far all of the dual login addons only work one way: The person must log into Xenforo first and then he is automatically logged in to WordPress (if the credentials are the same).

For what you are describing, that is not the desired solution. Where the main site is WordPress and Xenforo is the support site, it needs to be the other way around: Log in to WordPress first and then be automatically logged into the support forum. No one has yet offered this.

The problem is that so far all of the dual login addons only work one way: The person must log into Xenforo first and then he is automatically logged in to WordPress (if the credentials are the same).

For what you are describing, that is not the desired solution. Where the main site is WordPress and Xenforo is the support site, it needs to be the other way around: Log in to WordPress first and then be automatically logged into the support forum. No one has yet offered this.
Thanks for clarifying that. Interesting.

Hey @CBI Web, you may want to check out XFtoWP which is currently publicly beta testing the features you are requesting and more.

Hey @CBI Web, you may want to check out XFtoWP which is currently publicly beta testing the features you are requesting and more.
Thanks Mangini. I'll remember that for future reference.

I was all ready to have someone make a plugin for me when my client decided not to use WordPress for his site. So I have to wait to see what he will use before I find a plugin for it.

Top Bottom