1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unexpected database error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Drae, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Drae

Drae Active Member

Moved servers, changed DNS this morning and backed up last night my mysql database.

on my Xenforo forum (http://sizaelrpg.com), there is now a message coming up stating that:

I can still access the admin.cp and before this all happened I tried to change the phrases "location" and "date of birth" to, "real life/ooc location" and "real life/ooc date of birth" and it kept having some difficulties saving those without timing out. So I think the phrase thing might have something to do with it but I'm totally unsure.

Where should I be looking to find the fault?

2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

That is a general error, doesn''t tell us much. Can you check the error log and see if there will be any detailed error message there?

Drae likes this.
  3. Drae

Drae Active Member

4. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

It looks like the error you posted above is caused by a blog mod. Do you have any such mod installed?

5. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

I agree the above error is from the blog's plugin, also if you click that error link, you'll get a full error stack, please post that if disabling the blog doesn't help.

6. Drae

Drae Active Member

Thanks guys. Turns out the new server we were on wasn't compatable with its PHP, but the guys at Bigwetfish moved us to another one with the right PHP and now it's working fine.

Jake Bunce and Brandon Sheley like this.
  7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

FYI, with an "unexpected database error" you can view the source code of the page to get the exact mysql error.

PeteUK and borbole like this.