Undelete Users by Waindigo [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Undelete Users by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Restore delete users, linking them back with their old posts and likes.

Description:

This add-on provides a list, in the Admin Control Panel, of all users that have created posts and then had their user accounts deleted.

Clicking on a user's name instantly restores that user and links that user back to their posts and likes, allowing you to re-enter their permanently deleted profile information (email address, password, etc.).

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any...

Read more about this resource...

Yes, of course. You don't even need to leave this add-on enabled/installed either.
Works great!

2 changes would be nice, when you undelete someone and then click on their member card, it shows "username was last seen xx minutes ago" if this could be hidden would be good, because, they haven't really signed in when I undelete them. Or an option to hide or display this info.

Also thread list still shows the member as being deleted.

And it lists the undeleted member in Latest Member and Newest Member… Can you disable undeleted members from showing in these two places pls.

Thanks for the add-on but unfortunately trying to install this stopped CycleChat working altogether - I had to remove the files via FTP to kick it back into action.

The Apache error log says:

Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Waindigo_UndeleteUsers_Listener_LoadClassController::run() in /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/librar
y/Waindigo/UndeleteUsers/Listener/LoadClassController.php on line 20

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks for the add-on but unfortunately trying to install this stopped CycleChat working altogether - I had to remove the files via FTP to kick it back into action.

The Apache error log says:

Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Waindigo_UndeleteUsers_Listener_LoadClassController::run() in /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/librar
y/Waindigo/UndeleteUsers/Listener/LoadClassController.php on line 20

Any idea what could be wrong?
Sounds like a missing file, although everything seems to be fine in the download. Make sure you upload everything in the upload folder overwriting anything that is already there. Don't assume that all of the shared files (those in the library/Listener folder) are already uploaded just because the folder already exists.

For future reference, the best way to disable an add-on that is causing a problem like this (especially if you see the word Listener in the error message) is to add the following to your library/config.php file:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
and then log in to your Admin Control Panel to disable it before removing the above line again.

Works great!

2 changes would be nice, when you undelete someone and then click on their member card, it shows "username was last seen xx minutes ago" if this could be hidden would be good, because, they haven't really signed in when I undelete them. Or an option to hide or display this info.
Do you think it would be better if this was the date of their last post instead? I can't think of another date that would be more appropriate.

Also thread list still shows the member as being deleted.
This can be fixed by rebuilding the thread information cache. There isn't a quick and reliable way of doing this that I can think of (i.e., it would slow the undeletion process down), it is probably quite rare and it is not that big a problem, so I probably won't be adding this as a feature.

Do you think it would be better if this was the date of their last post instead? I can't think of another date that would be more appropriate.

This can be fixed by rebuilding the thread information cache. There isn't a quick and reliable way of doing this that I can think of (i.e., it would slow the undeletion process down), it is probably quite rare and it is not that big a problem, so I probably won't be adding this as a feature.
Yes, better if it displays the last time they logged on/posted.

I've noticed what might be a bug - in the thread list, avatars and usernames are not clickable when the user was previously a thread starter.

Another good feature would be to be able to merge an existing account with a Undeleted account... Sometimes members who have previously left the site/had their account deleted, then return under a new name.. Would be good to merge old post count with new posts and also have the option to either merge old account with new account or new account with old account.

Another good feature would be to be able to merge an existing account with a Undeleted account... Sometimes members who have previously left the site/had their account deleted, then return under a new name.. Would be good to merge old post count with new posts and also have the option to either merge old account with new account or new account with old account.

I spoke to him about the merging of user accounts in general, my ideas for resource with many different abilities, or options here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/general-essentials.43316/ He said about maybe knocking out #1 and #4 on that list. I'd imagine if he does #1, he could handle your idea/request at the same time. I'm pitching him a few bucks for doing this stuff though, not much, but something haha.

I spoke to him about the merging of user accounts in general, my ideas for resource with many different abilities, or options here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/general-essentials.43316/ He said about maybe knocking out #1 and #4 on that list. I'd imagine if he does #1, he could handle your idea/request at the same time. I'm pitching him a few bucks for doing this stuff though, not much, but something haha.
4. is useful if it allows to auto pick out all the 0 post threads and giving you the option to bump them, or delete them.

Reactions: vVv
Top Bottom