Undelete Users by Waindigo [Deleted]

I will definitely be doing #1 next week. Don't think it is necessary to integrate into this add-on. I'm sure you can handle a couple of extra clicks.

Might have a go at some of the others if I get time.

Reactions: vVv
4. is useful if it allows to auto pick out all the 0 post threads and giving you the option to bump them, or delete them.

I agree! Cause I wouldn't want duplicates deleted, that have "activity" on them.. Lol! At least one reply/post, or some "likes" or something, to keep those threads, but remove duplicates with less then X posts, or X likes. I'd really love for deleting orphan posts too though.. because I have 248 lingering around in database now.. and i can't remove them. Imagine if someone has thousands or millions of lingering orphan posts .. It would suck. Saving database backups would be HUGE, and saving backups of orphan stuff for no reason sigh. Deleting nodes/sub nodes.. doesn't delete threads/posts is another issue that needs fixed. It's in for "future fix" of software, but who knows when that will be out.. lol!

I will definitely be doing #1 next week. Don't think it is necessary to integrate into this add-on. I'm sure you can handle a couple of extra clicks.

Might have a go at some of the others if I get time.

I don't mind some extra clicks.. Lol! Next week is fine with me.. whee! I'm ready to send money to ya now regardless lmfao. :) :D

Yay... xD

just tried this and get this error..
View attachment 40091
Seems you are trying to undelete a member that hasn't been deleted. Also, it seems that you are trying to recover user ID #1, which is your initial administrator when you installed the forum.

Can you confirm the steps you took to receive this error and how this member got deleted in the first place?

So, you have picked a user_id that is not 1 and set that as an admin account? Is that correct?

Also, can you confirm how the member got deleted in the first place. This is important as it determines how best to fix your problem.

My add-on is for members who are deleted in the normal way. If you tried to just delete them straight from the database, then we will need to do more work before my add-on will recover that member. Essentially, we will need to recreate the bits that you deleted, then delete the member properly, then recover them to make it work again.

It does not work fully.

I restored the account but there is nothing in his profile data. Not even an email or password. Its just username. :(

It does not work fully.

I restored the account but there is nothing in his profile data. Not even an email or password. Its just username. :(
This information is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered except from a backup.

Okay. I installed it, and undeleted two people the 'normal way' but now one of them (the other hasn't tried logging in yet) says that he is getting a 'server error: please try again later'? Can anyone help me with that?

Update: I went into each of their profiles and noticed that it took away some information like their e-mail address and other custom userfield info. So I just replaced with an e-mail and things are working fine again! ;-)

Will this work for users deleted before the addon was installed?
Yes. As long as they have posted on the site. It won't restore everything though. Some details are permanently deleted and cannot be recovered with this add-on.

Tried upgrading…. Keep getting this error when upgrading .xml file. Unininstalled the add-on, but still getting this when trying to reinstall.
Server Error

Undefined variable: addOnModel
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Install/20130314.php at line 772
  2. Waindigo_Install->_updateAddOnInstaller() in Waindigo/Install/20130314.php at line 150
  3. Waindigo_Install->_install() in Waindigo/Install/20130314.php at line 72
  4. Waindigo_Install::install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
  7. ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/barfilounge.com/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom