XF 1.4 unconfirmed users issue

true7

hello,
i have a third party chat plugin on the forum , but due the fact that unconfirmed users ( can still use the chat it lead to heavy spam on it as the chat count them as registred). baning ip or users don't work , they can creat multiple accounts right away and keep the spam going with the help of VPS.

i have few ideas to fight this but i don't think they are ideal . so i would like to hear some suggestions that top mine and are more pratice that , im fine with not allowing unconfirmed users to have any features all until they at until they confirm the account and forum and chat will load for them

third party chat is : http://bit.ly/1BCB2HI
best regards,

Last edited:
thanks on informing me , post updated
if there is a way to make the chat code appear only for confirmed registred users that would be of great use.

Last edited:
sorry for missleading the third party addon im talking about don't exist in the resources on this forum , after contacted them they said that i should get in touch with the devlopers of xenforo as they can't do anything to support my case in they're end.

regards,

I think if it more or less is the same as ArrowChat, you need to disable guests in the control panel (of CometChat) as it is not linked into XF afaik.

thanks on the update , but guest chat is disabled , the issue is with unconfirmed users CChat treat them as registred users. when they are guests they can't use but once they register an account with some random email adress they can and it take them just few seconds to do so.
regards,

in cchat when a user is not logedin he will see a message telling them to register so they can use the chat , i would like to deplicate this so the same show up when he belong to the unregistred/unconfirmed user group.

That is how it works. Unless it has a permission system which can disable certain usergroups, you cannot fix that issue unfortunately and unconfirmed users are set to unregistered permissions on XF. It is CometChat that is the issue.

You could use conditional statements to wrap around the code so it only shows for specific usergroups if that helps?

after contacted them they said that i should get in touch with the devlopers of xenforo as they can't do anything to support my case in they're end
Quite how we're expected to provide support for a third party product to which we have no access to the code or understanding of how it works it beyond me.

If the product does not integrate with XenForo and the user groups and permissions then there is little which can be done, other than by using conditional statements, as suggested by @Zynephix.

Quite how we're expected to provide support for a third party product to which we have no access to the code or understanding of how it works it beyond me.

If the product does not integrate with XenForo and the user groups and permissions then there is little which can be done, other than by using conditional statements, as suggested by @Zynephix.

This is very important @true7 - you can use conditional statements specifically for this, but most of all, the latest update actually has a Xenforo add-on with it.
I don't know if you need a specific license for it, but the new one comes with a XF targeted add-on, with specific usergroup permissions.
So in short, conditionals, Brogan as an excellent guide on this in the RM - and usergroup permissions with the add-on installed, will help tackle your issue with spammers.

Top Bottom