1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to send mail. mail(): SMTP server response: 530

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by cajkan, Aug 7, 2015.

1. cajkan

cajkan Member

Hello guys,

I'm new to Xen, and if this is wrong place for this kind of bug reporting please move the topic.
    Also ive installed fresh and i dont have any plugins heres what i have:

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to pingping55677@hotmail.com failed: Unable to send mail. mail(): SMTP server response: 530 SMTP authentication is required. - library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Sendmail.php:137
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:56 AM
    Stack Trace
    #0 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
    #1 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\library\Zend\Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #2 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\library\XenForo\Model\MailQueue.php(79): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail))
    #3 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\library\XenForo\Deferred\MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.4510018825531)
    #4 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\library\XenForo\Model\Deferred.php(294): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.4510018825531, '')
    #5 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\library\XenForo\Model\Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.4510018825531, '', false)
    #6 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\library\XenForo\Model\Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
    #7 C:\Users\root\Dropbox\Zaryte Website\wwwroot\forums\deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
    #8 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(45) "http://www.MYWEBSITE.com/forums/deferred.php"
      ["_GET"] => array(0) {
      ["_POST"] => array(4) {
        ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(55) "/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-some-bugs-i-found.16/"
        ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
        ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
        ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Since you're using a Windows server, you'll either need to configure the SMTP server listed in php.ini in such a way that PHP can use it (no authentication). Or you'll need to change XenForo to explicitly use an SMTP server via the mail options (this allows authentication, which your SMTP server seems to require).