• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.3 Unable to search the ACP

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue with the ACP on my installation of XenForo.

When I go to use the search functionality, I see the "Search" text, but not the usual magnifying glass icon, and I do not see the search bar when I hover over the "Search" text either as can be seen here:

A bit more info should it be necessary:

Running XenForo 1.3.3

My user account is not Super Administrator as I am a member of staff, not the owner of the community. I have the following ACP permissions:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Brogan,

Same fault occurs for other admins, both "Administrator" and "Super Administrator" Ranks.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro SP1 with Firefox 30 and Chrome 36. Same issue occurs on Mac OSX Yosemite with the latest version of Chrome.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
When did you first notice the problem?
Did you make any changes prior to it happening?
Do you have any add-ons installed?

You could try rebuilding the master data to see if that resolves it.

Looks like your correct on the JS issue Mike. There appears to be nothing happening at all when I click on or hover over the Search link.

In addition, I have noticed this in the page as well.

This screenshot is from the site with the nonfunctional search:

And this is from another site that I have access to that works correctly:

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Open the console tab on the browser inspector and try again.

That should show any errors which are being generated.

Brogan, sorry I wasn't clear enough in my last reply. There are no error messages in the Java Console, as nothing happens when I hover over or click on the search link. No javascript runs at all. The console shows no activity of any form.