Browser issue Unable to scroll to the beginning or end of long thread titles when creating threads on mobile

RobinHood

When composing a new thread on mobile (iPhone 6S iOS10) The cursor won't scroll to the text out of the bounds of the text box size.

Same in either direction, tried with 3D touch cursor and long press magnifying glass

Same when trying to edit the thread title

IMG_6037.webp

I have noticed this too.

Unfortunately it affects all HTML text inputs so it isn't an XF bug and seems to be a bug in iOS. It affects other browsers besides Safari.

I'll leave this open though in case there's a workaround but generally there's not a lot we could or should do in cases like this and we should wait for the next iOS build to fix it.

I'm not sure if this is related, but did the quick reply box used to scroll with the cursor when typing long replies?

I've noticed on both XF and VB forums I need to keep stopping and scrolling to reposition the paragraph these days, I don't seem to remember having to do that in the past.

I have noticed this too.

Unfortunately it affects all HTML text inputs so it isn't an XF bug and seems to be a bug in iOS. It affects other browsers besides Safari.

I'll leave this open though in case there's a workaround but generally there's not a lot we could or should do in cases like this and we should wait for the next iOS build to fix it.
i reported this ages ago and it was you who did some tests and confirmed it was IOS issue

come on Chris you slippin

I disagree. This issue has never been reported before. You have reported other issues but they are unrelated to this.

This is confirmed to be a browser issue with no known workaround.

There's a report here: http://openradar.appspot.com/22299624

It has been marked as a duplicate though and it relates to another report that annoyingly we can't see.

The issue still isn't fixed as of iOS 10.2 Public Beta 4.

Top Bottom