XF 1.5 Unable to handle request after uploading config.php

Music4lity

After uploading config.php to /var/www/library I am unable to move any further into the installation. I'm on Debian 7 (Wheezy) and everything is fine up until that point. But after that, nothing on the site is able to hand the request. Even if I'm just going to the domain.

Update: I discovered that if I remove the config.php from the directory, everything work again. It seems the problem lies inside that file.

That kind of thing might happen if the config file contains unexpected content or characters.

This can happen depending on the OS, application used to edit or the application handling the upload.

If you can upload the file here (with things like the db name and passwords empty or blanked out) we'll see if there's anything obviously wrong.

I can't see anything wrong with the file itself.

It is usually better to have a specific user for each database. It may be worth creating another database user and giving them access to that database. There's nothing on the XF end that would block it, though, so it would likely be something your host would need to clarify.

I made a user for that database and the information was correct when I entered it, but it still happened. I'm not sure why it would be an issue with the host, because I installed MySQL, php5, Apache2 and everything else on my own. What I got was a fresh install. Could I possibly need to chmod that file?

Update: When I chmod -R 0777 /var/www/library it works. But could this lead to an issue?

Top Bottom