XF 1.5 Unable to change theme templates (permission error)

triforceguy1

Hello,

I am currently trying to add some code to the extra.css, but when I click save, it tells me that I do not have permission.
If it helps, the theme is the Rekt (paid for) theme by ThemeHouse.

The other theme I have (the XenForo default) allows me to modify the templates

Here's the exact error:
Code:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/admin.php on this server.

Leon

This is almost certainly something like mod_security blocking your request (using on regexes based on the content of the request).

You will need to contact your host and get them to whitelist/modify the rule which is being triggered.
So this is what the host said after their first try failed, they gave me two options:

1) Give them a step-by-step guide of what should be done from their side (yes they really said this)
2) disable modsecurity completely, making the site "vulnerable"

Please could I get a step by step of what I need to do, or is it okay to disable mod_security?

If your host is asking how to configure mod sec, it may be time to find a new host.

You can likely just disable it.
I do not have many options for hosting at the moment (the host is namecheap in case you were wondering)
Is it okay to disable mod_security?
Also, exactly what rules would need to be whitelisted anyway (I think that is what they are wanting to know)

We don't know the specific rule that's being triggered. They should have a log (or be able to point you to a log) that lists the rule that was triggered, which can then be whitelisted.

Top Bottom