1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Unable To Add Prefix To Threads

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by DRE, Jun 2, 2014.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

After I uninstalled @Daniel Hood MultiPrefix addon. I had gotten a server error after am now unable to save a thread prefix I selected upon thread creation. Daniel told me to change something in phpmyadmin and I did but I am still getting the same issue. As an experiment I deactivated all apps. I am using the default xenforo forum theme with no edits. I am using a default thread prefix css. I have disabled listeners and enabled debug in config.php. I created a thread with a thread prefix while the javascript console was open in Google Chrome and it shows no errors. What am I doing wrong?

2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

There's no errors in the server log? Can you install a fresh intall of XenForo (not on your site, but in a development area obviously), and see if the xf_thread database scheme are all the same. Make sure your /library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php matches the fresh install.

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

No server errors. I have a test installation. Good idea. I'll look in phpmyadmin now.

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Changed prefix id Type back to int(10) but still no change after creating another thread with prefix.

5. Daniel Hood

And all add ons and listeners are disabled? Did you check to confirm the XenForo core files are the same like I suggested?

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

My test installation is an older version of Xenforo.

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Guess I'll submit a ticket to Xenforo.

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. Daniel Hood

It appears to be a different issue in that thread.

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I'll wait till you get home from work so you can take a closer look. I really appreciate it.

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Well it's been three days. I know your busy but I still need this fixed since it's been broke for a month so I've created a ticket.

Have to do it now cause I haven't got paid yet and running out of ticket support time and need to renew soon.

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

@Mike found the answer and solved my issue. He says that when the uninstall failed, it did not remove or deactivate the template modifications that were still associated with @Daniel Hood MultiPrefix addon.

Daniel Hood likes this.
  13. Daniel Hood

That makes sense. Glad you got it fixed. Sorry I wasn't able to get on and help you troubleshoot the past couple of nights.

DRE likes this.
  14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

S'all good. I knew it had to be something simple.