1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

add prefix to the url

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Kintaro, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Sami Jalal, jOOc, Teapot and 4 others like this.
  2. Kerby

Kerby Active Member

Further it could be also an idea where the forum of the thread is also in URL. Like in WordPress category in URL. New option for each node.

3. Kintaro

Well, if you want this it's better to create a different thread in the suggestions forum so interested users will be able to vote it with likes to the first post.

Kerby likes this.
  4. Kintaro

5. Kintaro

6. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

7. Kintaro

@Martok have you read the first post? ;)

8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

@Kintaro yes I have and I know that you want tags to go in the actual URL (and I understand your example). I just don't understand what you are linking to, apart from a whole bunch of confirmed bug reports on XF2.

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe he's pointing out that it's possible in XF2.

Which essentially means this suggestion is implemented.

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

@Brogan is it? I've not seen tags within the actual URL itself in XF2, only in the URL that @Kintaro posted which filters the tags and, as I pointed out, this is also possible in XF1.

11. Kintaro

well no... as far I see it's not implemented

@Martok I was linking to a random prefix page on xf2demo

12. Kintaro

the first post suggests to have the TEXT of the prefix in the url to make it set friendly and not the prefix id

13. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It would be helpful to be clearer in your posts then rather than just post a link and a smiley. ;)

As for it not being implemented (yet), then that doesn't surprise me at this stage, your suggestion was only posted 3 months before the Alpha preview and so far only has 5 likes. :)

14. Kintaro

number of likes is not the only thing that xenforo ltd's devs look when evaluate suggestions ;)

(I think I read that somewhere... I hope it wasn't a dream!)

15. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's also worth pointing out that bumping suggestions is not generally accepted.