add prefix to the url

Further it could be also an idea where the forum of the thread is also in URL. Like in WordPress category in URL. New option for each node.

Further it could be also an idea where the forum of the thread is also in URL. Like in WordPress category in URL. New option for each node.
Well, if you want this it's better to create a different thread in the suggestions forum so interested users will be able to vote it with likes to the first post.

@Kintaro yes I have and I know that you want tags to go in the actual URL (and I understand your example). I just don't understand what you are linking to, apart from a whole bunch of confirmed bug reports on XF2.

I believe he's pointing out that it's possible in XF2.

Which essentially means this suggestion is implemented.

well no... as far I see it's not implemented

@Martok I was linking to a random prefix page on xf2demo
It would be helpful to be clearer in your posts then rather than just post a link and a smiley. ;)

As for it not being implemented (yet), then that doesn't surprise me at this stage, your suggestion was only posted 3 months before the Alpha preview and so far only has 5 likes. :)

This would be great, I'm currently migrating a forum to Xenforo and trying to collapse many of the sub forums using prefix. It would be great if the prefix would show in the URL (not the ID but prefix name)... and ideally a user could watch the prefix like a thread and get alerts etc.

This would be great, I'm currently migrating a forum to Xenforo and trying to collapse many of the sub forums using prefix. It would be great if the prefix would show in the URL (not the ID but prefix name)... and ideally a user could watch the prefix like a thread and get alerts etc.

I agree. I considered using tags since they have seo-friendly urls, but users prefer prefixes.

Top Bottom