Umbrella Online | Resident Evil and survival horror gaming

The latest iteration of the Wiki index is now live, and I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out.. 😊

I don't envisage another change until work starts on games outside of the Resident Evil series, and then I may have to reserve the index for game/series selection and have separate indexes for each..

The scroll-to functionality works really nicely on timelines!

1611530211447.webp

A couple of little tweaks I thought I would share before I start working on my next big addition to the current setup.. :)

Referral link block from Referral Contests by @Siropu merged with Share this page
1614985460060.png

One or two of our newer members mentioned that having the Introductions area as a sub-forum made it difficult to find, so I added an additional link in the navigation, and set up some User Onboarding tasks. I'm hoping that @NixFifty will add a task for users filling in the "About you" field in the future 😇
1614985642083.png 1614985536142.png

Conversation Folders replaced with Conversation Essentials by @Xon, tweaked with a couple of other add-ons by @Ozzy47 and @XenConcept
1614986155209.png 1614986202672.png 1614986270114.png

Last edited:
First, some tweaks..

A widget showing random tidbits from the Wiki..
1621117847363.png

A cheeky little sub-navigation on all pages in an attempt to avoid clutter, as well as several action buttons on the forum index..
1621117730475.png

..and a cheeky little nod to .. something .. in the footer and in my signature
1621118060865.png
1621118143584.png

Next, another sizable addition to the setup - Calendar by @NixFifty

I very much wanted to follow suit with using icons in my thread prefixes, and use them in Event categories too.. After a few hours of dabbling with code (not the easiest add-on to customise), I got there with it - and this is a change that is going to get implemented. Sweet!
1621118322791.png

Hopefully I can do a bit more with the Widget and show when the upcoming event(s) is/are, I haven't looked into it too much yet..
1621118707842.png

I'd show more - but it's really just stock behaviour at present.. I may customise a bit more, we'll see.

Last edited:
Had a bit more time to play with the Calendar widget.. 🙂
1621207568137.png

Not related to XenForo, but thought I'd also show off the intro clip I had commissioned for the YouTube channel (thanks to @Xyphien).

I think he's done a great job with it!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Had a bit more time to play with the Calendar widget.. 🙂
View attachment 252016

Not related to XenForo, but thought I'd also show off the intro clip I had commissioned for the YouTube channel (thanks to @Xyphien).

I think he's done a great job with it!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Looks great! Keep up the great work!

Hi, I'm trying to sign up to your forum but when I click "Register" I get this... (I don't use a VPN, I'm using my home network).
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your IP address (HIDDEN FOR SECURITY) appears to be a proxy or VPN, which has been disallowed for the security of our community. You must connect without the use of a proxy server and/or temporarily disconnect from your VPN to register an account with us.
If you believe this is incorrect, please use the Contact us form and we'll be happy to assist.

Email check? I couldn't even get to the registration form. I clicked on register and was presented with the "Error" message.

It must be that add-on that caused it though if that was the add-on you disabled as I was able to register after.

Email check? I couldn't even get to the registration form. I clicked on register and was presented with the "Error" message.

It must be that add-on that caused it though if that was the add-on you disabled as I was able to register after.
One of the API services that are used also offers IP checking - the add-on title and description are just a bit vague.. 😉

Top Bottom