UI feedback that a draft has saved is non-obvious

I'll move to suggestions for now as this was something we discussed recently but given the auto-save situation now it seems superfluous - at one point we were going to remove the indicator entirely as it doesn't seem necessary now.

Though if there's enough love for something more attention grabby we could consider it but I'm not sure it's where we want to go at this point.

Is there still multiple html-to-bbcode conversation being done in the draft function's code-path?

Looking at XF2.1.10 I can't see any real changes relating to this;

The reason I'm asking is for complex bb-code this can become an unexpected performance hit if it is frequently saving

Why do we even have save / delete draft buttons in the editor then?
I think it maybe gives people confidence that it is actually saved???

Not that there being a button or a green light necessarily proves anything has worked :)

I think it maybe gives people confidence that it is actually saved???
And in fact I just wrote a post and before posting decided to check something on another site.

I caught myself selecting it and CMD+C just in case....

Last edited:
I caught myself selecting it and CMD+C just in case....
Don't worry - I do that automatically too - you can never have too many backups!

When composing long tutorial posts, I will copy and paste the raw text + bbcode to a text editor on my machine as a backup in case the draft somehow gets lost. When it takes several hours to compose a post - you don't want to risk losing the content!!

Don't worry - I do that automatically too - you can never have too many backups!

When composing long tutorial posts, I will copy and paste the raw text + bbcode to a text editor on my machine as a backup in case the draft somehow gets lost. When it takes several hours to compose a post - you don't want to risk losing the content!!
I thought I am the only one doing this :D. I have tens of textdocuments lying around on my desktop for years and I have to clean up periodically old textfiles with some post in it :D.

Top Bottom