Ubuntu in TVs,Tablets,Phones- Your opinions?

My assumption is one day Ubuntu will become leader of PC,Server,Cloud,Tablets,Mobiles. And I believe that it will happen in next <10 years.

Ubuntu is just one of many "flavors" of Linux. Linux is what the Android OS is based on. Linux itself is a variant of Unix, and there are other offshoots from that as well (such as FreeBSD, which we use on our dedicated hosting server). Embedded Linux will become prevalent in the coming years, but not Ubuntu...I personally had too many problems with it on multiple computers, and support was/is poor, so it is not even on our radar anymore.

Ubuntu is just one of many "flavors" of Linux. Linux is what the Android OS is based on. Linux itself is a variant of Unix, and there are other offshoots from that as well (such as FreeBSD, which we use on our dedicated hosting server). Embedded Linux will become prevalent in the coming years, but not Ubuntu...I personally had too many problems with it on multiple computers, and support was/is poor, so it is not even on our radar anymore.
Not to mention they do drastic changes in revisions, rather than waiting for new versions. A lot of people I know have gotten fedup with it and have left for other distros.

Top Bottom