Fixed Ubuntu: Chrome & Firefox issues

Siropu

Affected version
Beta 3
I'm using Ubuntu 17.04 and I've noticed some issues on both Chrome and Firefox.
On Chrome (61.0), the tooltip displays the title as well on hover so you end up with both the tooltip and the title. This doesn't happen on XF 1.
On Firefox (55.02), the left navigation tabs have a bottom margin.

Attachments

• firefox.webp
    firefox.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 28
On Chrome (61.0), the tooltip displays the title as well on hover so you end up with both the tooltip and the title. This doesn't happen on XF 1.
This happens on other browsers too and there is another report of that.

On Firefox (55.02), the left navigation tabs have a bottom margin.
Not seen this before. Do you have any custom display settings like zoom or font size adjustments?l Any additional debugging you can do or info will probably save us having to set up an Ubuntu install ;)

Do you have any custom display settings like zoom or font size adjustments?
No.

When the page loads, it looks fine for a split second but then it changes. Looking at the code, it has to do with the is-calculated class. I see an inline style applied with margin-bottom: -35px; Removing the inline style would result in a gap double from the screenshot above.

Btw, I think you can run Ubuntu from a USB stick without having to install it on your machine. On windows at least.

As it turns out this is related to our hScroller system. We actually use a scrollable element to facilitate this, but of course you don't want to actually see any scrollbars so we hide them. To hide them we need to know their size. In Ubuntu although the horizontal scrollbar is only 5px high, there's an additional 7px padding on it which we weren't picking up (mostly because we were only detecting the width which is 5px with no padding).

Long story short? This is fixed for the next release :)

Top Bottom