Browser issue Different colors in firefox/chrome

Gamorreaner

Affected version
1.5, 2.0
Not sure if this is a issue on my end or a general issue, but in xf1 and xf2 the colors seem to be different in firefox than they are in chrome:

bgc1.webp
(lighter blue: #185886 in firefox)

bgc2.webp
(darker blue: #2c5585 in chrome)

This effects the blue at the top/bottom of the side aswell as text like the link in the screenshots (XenForo bug reports).

Go to chrome://flags/#force-color-profile and check what it is set to.

Hi,

the setting is on default. I think the issue is with firefox though. #185886 seem to be the base color, but xenforo puts another transparent color on top of it, which causes it to look like it does on the second screenshot (chrome). My tablet displays it on firefox/default browser/chrome as it does on chrome on desktop. Only the desktop version of firefox displays it different.

xenforo puts another transparent color on top of it
No, we don't...

This is something happening internally in the browser. If you create a plain HTML file with the following:
HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
   <meta charset="UTF-8">
   <title>Title</title>
   <style>
      html
      {
         color: #bcdef5;
         background: #185886;
      }
   </style>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>
You will see the same colour difference depending on which browser you're using:

1523970667694.webp

It's actually Chrome that's displaying the wrong colour. It comes out as #2A5882 rather than #185886.

No, we don't...
That means all browsers on my tablet display it wrong (including firefox beta) :S. Thought it was firefox fault on desktop for sure, because they all display it the same (wrong) way.

Is there anything planned to work around this issue with xenforo or is that even possible? Thats a stupid issue, because some people design their graphics based on this: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/mindfulkindness-com.145781/ and if its displayed wrong in more than one browser, I don't feel happy at all with having it displayed correctly on mine :D.

There's really nothing we can do. There are several bug reports in their tracker trying to get it fixed (there appears as though there maybe a number of fairly complex issues at play here). One Chromium engineer states he's trying to improve Chrome's colour management generally, so we'll just have to wait.

As for the thread and the logo - just use a logo with a transparent background.

Top Bottom