UBB all over again?

Not important. What's important is that I see another player on the market that is a realistic option the next time we're revisiting what to do with the communities we run.

Very true. The more competition the better. Once IPB, vB, etc. see this, they will have to innovate to keep up. vB was dead in the water when IB whored them out. I don't mean to bash the devs of vB, but their parent company, IB, is screwing them over in a way that's just sad to watch. The only reason they're still afloat is because they were so widespread with vB 3

Not important. What's important is that I see another player on the market that is a realistic option the next time we're revisiting what to do with the communities we run.

I concur Floris. Assuming the user core is anything that resembles what I had envision vBulletin to be a few years ago, I hope this will allow me to replace my vBulletin licenses completely.

If the level of support and positive feedback XenForo is getting already is any indication, I'd say... yeah. Very likely.

I can't believe how many are registered in such a short period... I think when I registered today there was 40 - 50 registered, and now near 200 in just hours. Trendy is catchy.

Choice is always good. Now with Xenforo, I have another direction to go in if I no longer want to stick with vB 3.8

I can't believe how many are registered in such a short period... I think when I registered today there was 40 - 50 registered, and now near 200 in just hours. Trendy is catchy.
Functional is catchy.

In no way do I want to bash/complain, but I know deep down that had I switched to vb4 or another solution it would have been a huge uphill battle to make our members happy. We would have lost many members permanently.

For our needs the current Alpha works just fine. Seriously.

Can't see how they can not be.

Here is to hoping that the xenForo community doesn't turn these forums mostly into a competitors bashing forum. I rather focus on positive and constructive feedback to improve xenForo, and "members helping members" forum. The high quality product the xenForo's team will produce, coupled with the community's eagerness to improve the product and help potential new clients will make the best kind of statement.

Lawrence; i think the community users I've seen post so far are mature enough to stick to a comparison between products and xenforo. remember, they all run a site and xenforo is an option for them to consider.

And some negativity about vb is probably natural, as quite a few are displeased with it at the moment. But I think while some discussion about competitor products is healthy, it's not within the spirit of the community to start bashing them. Xenforo isn't such a place.

I was at a right crossroads with regards to what to do as we had upgraded to vb4 (as we use the forums only and for our needs and our members needs its fine) but now my license is due for renewal and I had began wondering what to do, that descision has now been made even more complicated although after only being here for a little while I already think I know which way I'm going to go :)

PS I do like these smilies :cool:

Top Bottom