1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Two simple questions but problem.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Yashjeet, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Yashjeet

Yashjeet Active Member

Hi,

I have xenforo and everything set up. I want it so when people go onto my website, there at the homepage NOT forums. And, when I create a page in xenforo, I don't want people to what is on it at the forums tab. It shows it where my page name is.

Thanks.

2. Yashjeet

Yashjeet Active Member

Someone please help me.

3. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Not sure I completely understood you but if you wanted to make a page as the homepage when someone types the name of your forum, go to your Acp->Basic Board Information->Index Page Route and replace the /forums there with pages/pagename/

Where pagename stands for whatever value you have entered for your URL Portion: when you created your page.

For the second part I can''t understand what you are trying to say.

4. Yashjeet

Yashjeet Active Member

I just did /home/ and it didn't work. Just tell me the exact thing to put in, my website is www.heliocloud.net

5. borbole

No please, no nothing, but straight to demanding, are we?

Look, when you ask for help then you have to be more forthcoming with details. What are you using as homepage?

6. Yashjeet

Yashjeet Active Member

Oh sorry, I'm using xenporta.

7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Are you using XenPorta? If so then you should post your questions/problems in the discussion thread for that resource. I'd suggest you look through the thread too as your question is likely to have already been answered.

borbole likes this.
  8. borbole

I think its index route is portal. So try to enter portal/ there, not /portal/

P.s. For future reference, as mentioned above, it would be best that all mods/style related questions to be posted in their respective support threads.

Yashjeet likes this.
  9. Yashjeet

Yashjeet Active Member

I knew how to do this before but when I installed the updated version of all of my addons, it changed.

10. Yashjeet

Yashjeet Active Member

Yay! this works.

11. borbole

Glad to hear it.